Friday, July 16, 2010

Hero at Large

I wasn't planning on writing a review for this book because really it's pointless dribble. However, this blog can't just be praises...

First off, I must say that I try to not judge a book by its cover... but this one I really should have. The cover's depiction of a big burly dog and a rabbit sending out little red hearts is just corny and trivial... Unfortunately this theme continues into the pages between the cover.

Written by Janet Evanovich, Hero at Large is a novel based on a love affair between a figure skating instructor and an unemployed man... who magically turns out to be a multimillionaire. The woman in the relationship is the figure skater, the man is the one with the cash - Evanovich does a great job with gender stereotyping! Included in the book is a batty Grandmother who stops at nothing to force the pair into a relationship. Oh, and a good dose of drama and heartache (once the woman finds out her man is a multimillionaire she wants nothing to do with him?)... all to end with a happy ending.

Really, I don't know what I expect when I purchase these books.

In the long run it's not so bad though. Evanovich's novel passed time, was good for a few laughs (ie - multimillionaire's apparently can't cook), and it was a welcome light read for the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Evanovich is funny however her books sometimes are kind of silly. I didn't realize she had that many others beyond the Stephanie Plum series.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...