Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love...


Freshly made cinnamon buns... even if they take five hours to make from scratch.
My university.
Strong, dark coffee.
The smell of new books.
Making notes throughout my books... a book well-loved is one that appears destroyed.
Apples in September.
Coffee-ring stains.

I guess it's a good thing I started university this week. Class attending, homework completing, volunteering at the archives, baking, and of course, reading with a strong cup of coffee on hand has now become part of my schedule. Though they're not as thrilling as my regular books, I do have around $300 worth of texts to add to my bookshelf as of yesterday. At least I'll have that new-book smell, a potential muse for blogging, and a whole new selection of material to tattoo with coffee-ring stains.

Oh, and my earlier goal... the 'finish reading Tatiana De Rosnay's Sarah's Key by Tuesday, 7 September 2010' goal... failed miserably. But I am almost done! Probably by the time I finish writing this I could be done reading the book, but a lady has her priorities. Writing before reading, right?

5 comments:

  1. $300 in books for 2 classes!? Holy cow woman.. You take expensive courses!

    Your school-ness is making me majorly jealous... argh. I want Monday NOW! Are you up there Monday? Maybe we could meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, History classes have the tendency to rack up the book bills. Don't worry, Monday will come soon... and then you'll be so busy you'll wish you were on Summer again :P

    I'm not up the mountain on Mondays (later in the term it will be my Holocaust day I think). Do you know if you'll be up there any other days of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping by to say hello. Please accept your award on my blog. http://lagbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinnamon buns and books... *sigh*

    = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate -- Mmmm it is a good combination. Thanks for stopping by!

    Laura Ashlee -- Aww thank you so much! I'm just heading over to Ramblings of a (Future) Librarian to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...