Monday, December 20, 2010

Long Distance Baking

Gingerbread Cookies:
Not a Sweet Sunday Yummy Lit Review



Have you ever baked with a friend over the phone? I never thought of it until E rang me during my gingerbread cookie baking session. I didn't quite feel like putting a stop to my baking nor telling him to ring another time. Instead, with phone rammed between my shoulder and ear, I had a halfway across the world 'baking-with-friends' experience.



I highly recommend baking over the phone if you have someone living far, far away. You can describe exactly what you're doing and if you use a bit of imagination it's almost like they're sitting in the same room as you. In fact, the gingerbread cookies brought back distinct memories of the Cocoa Ginger Crisps I made with E in September.



Moral of the story? Bake with friends, even if they aren't exactly here. Baking is a bonding experience, literally and metaphorically.


PS - I really want to post a recipe for these cookies. They were a lot of fun to create and I took some great pictures along the way. Unfortunately, I lost the book that houses the recipes for both the cookie and the icing... So while I can share some pictures I can't exactly post a Yummy Lit Review. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. Baking is fun with friends.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and commenting, Ann :) I agree, baking with friends is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon or evening.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...
Almost as much as I love coffee.

All puns put aside, I really do adore the comments you ever-so-kindly post. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a few words. I love hearing your view on the topic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...